Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate & SharePoint Online

New Here ,
May 17, 2019 May 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

So after much struggling, I have finally got my E-Modules to load on SharePoint Online and I can supply documentation to anyone that might be struggling with this - There is one small problem that I am having, instead of SharePoint loading my svg files, it forces users to download them which doesn't display the files at all. Below, I will go into full explanation on what's happening.

Midway through my e-module, where you see the 'Black titles', the svg images would need to be loaded there - Instead, they all are forced to be downloaded and they don't display any content.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.39.48 AM.png

This is how it looks when I run it locally without SharePoint:

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 9.41.44 AM.png

Has anyone come across an issue like this? All help would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Curious to see how this plays out.

Assuming you are hand editing the json files and renaming the index to a aspx extension to enable SharePoint playback  ?

Or are you using the SharePoint LMS add in ? Would enjoy hearing about SharePoint LMS from anyone using it.

I don't have a specific solution other than a suggestion to try a different image file extension although assuming you  have a specific reason for wanting to use a vector file.

My organization has a support contract with Adobe and they absolutely will not assist us with anything involving SharePoint which is unfortunate as it is the most ideal delivery tool for the unique access parameters we are confined to work within.

Again curious to see how this plays out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2019 May 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately,

The E-Module was built by a freelancer in our organization and it hard codes the .svg within a compressed files so I was not able to make it work even with different file extentions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Can you send me the documentation on how to upload elearning materials in Sharepoint? Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please send me your documentation on how to publish on SPO?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mel, if you have recieved this doco, can you upload it here, I'd love to have this also. Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I havent...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My previous client, a multinational company, used SharePoint extensively for information sharing and wanted to have Captivate HTML5 output published to the SharePoint site so that all employees could access it easily.

However, we found there was really no way to achieve this because SharePoint is designed to behave as a FILE server repository, not as a WEB server.  We even engaged their SharePoint "experts" to try and find a way to pull this off, but without success.

In the end we had to arrange for access on a company web server, otherwise the only way to allow people to view the content in its full working glory was to put it on the LMS.

The issue is that SharePoint wants to serve just one file that you select whereas viewing Captivate HTML5 requires that the file you launch (the index.html file) then pulls in lots of other files to display the content in the browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources