Adobe Captivate Stage

Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am super frustrated with Captivate right now.

I had a bunch of issues with videos no longer working, so I deleted captivate and then re-downloaded it.

Now when I open my project, I can't get the slides to center on the stage.

I have changed the magnification to 66% and then I see it but it is in the lower half of the screen.

When I center it and then click on the slide to edit content it disappears completely.

Captivate help is closed on the weekends and I have to edit this project by Monday.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to clean the Preferences. Find the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder. Run CleanPreferences.... appropriate for your OS while Captivate is closed. Restart Captivate and see if it is solved.

Please mention your full version number (under Help, About Captivate) and the OS you are using. From your question it also seems important to know if you are using a retina screen?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, that did not work.

The slide still disappears from the stage when I try to edit it.

I am using Macbook pro (not retina) big sure 11.0.1

and the latest. Adobe Captivate 2019 11.5.5.676

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That means something is wrong with the monitor setup. Sorry, but I am a Windows user, have no idea how to solve this on a Mac. Did you perhaps upgrade to Big Sur recently? Apple is used to break a lot of applications with each upgrade...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen other users here on the forum recently complaining about issues with Captivate AFTER they upgraded their Mac to Big Sur.  So perhaps your issue is with your Mac OS version not being compatible with Captivate.  We see time and again that when there is a new OS version many users just dive in expecting everything to just work as it did before.  But in our experience it's best to wait and watch the user forums to see if there are perhaps compatibility issues that need to be addressed by a patch from Adobe before you upgrade the OS.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a good point.

Unfortunately, I was having these issues prior to the upgrade and was hoping that would be the fix.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've often seen updating to a later version of Captivate fix some issues (you ARE currently on the latest Cp version) but I have never seen upgrading to a later version of Mac OS fix Captivate.  It usually does the opposite.

Is this a responsive project perhaps?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it is.

do you think copying it to a regular project would fix it?

It doesn't necessarily have to be responsive.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Nov 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Sur is incompatible with Captivate 11.5. I didn't switch the applications in that sentence, because it seems to be 'normal' that every new iOS is breaking a lot of applications from many companies.

You cannot copy a responsive project to a non-responsive project, you'll need to start from scratch (using the Library of the original project as external library). But I don't think that would fix this particular problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines