• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Trial - Video Demo closes the app

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wanted to experience Captive. Downloaded trial version. When I click the Video Demo option, the app is getting closed down immediately. I reinstalled the app on my laptop. Shutdown - reboot also did not help. Any suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Windows? Do you run Captivate with 'Run as Administrator' feature turned on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 30, 2020 Apr 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Windows 10. I am searching how to know if I am 'running as administrator'. Can you give a clue, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have a shortcut for Adobe Captivate on your desktop, look carefully at the shortcut icon.  If you have Captivate set up to be Run As Administrator then it should have a tiny shield icon in the bottom right corner of the Captivate icon.  Like this:
RunAsAdministrator_shortcutSymbol.png

You can right click any shortcut for the Captivate.exe or navigate to the exe file directly in the Captivate install directory to see what the Properties of that item state on the Compatibility tab.  If it is set to be Run As Administrator then you should see the checkbox selected.

RunAsAdministrator_PropertiesDialog.png

If that properties checkbox is greyed out then that means you do not have Administrator access to your PC and cannot therefore set Captivate to be Run As Administrator.  You would need to talk with your IT department and either get them to give you full Administrator access to the PC, or else set up a special user profile for you that enabled you to have limited Admin access required to just run Captivate with Administrator privileges.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very grateful for the detailed explanation given.

The checkbox was not selected. It was open and not greyed. I selected it, saved, and closed the properties.

Again, I opened the program and tried Demo Video. I get the same result, the entire program got closed...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't mention specifically, but I would hope that you also rebooted your computer before you reattempted to use Captivate again.  If not, please do that and see if the change to the permissions now solves the issue.

If it doesn't still work, then the only thing I can suggest is that we have seen a number of issues recently where Captivate is conflicting with DLLs in the Windows directory.  The only way to track down where the conflict lies is to get your IT department involved and have them look at the crash logs on your PC to see what file/s Captivate is trying to access at the time it crashes.  The issue will usually be that some other app recently installed or updated on your system is causing the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did reboot the system after changing the admin rights. Still facing the same issue. I have requested my system admin to check and help. I hope to have a solution. 
Thank you so much for taking the time out for supporting! 

Update:

My system admin checked and did all he could. 

I am running with administrative privileges and windows event log generate the following error:

Exception code: 0xe06d7363
Fault offset: 0x000000000003a799

Problem continues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources