• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate Update 4 + Catalina 10.15.1 | Update Won't Install

Contributor ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Based on what I've seen, I gather I'm not alone, but I'm unable to reinstall Adobe Captivate on Catalina 10.15.1, even after update 4. Here are my system specs:

• MBP 15"
  • 2.9 GHz 6-core Intel Core i9
  • 16GB RAM

Here are the steps I've attempted:

1. Uninstall previous version using uninstaller (Applications > Adobe Captivate > Uninstall Adobe Captivate) and remove layouts and preferences
  2. Download a new package via the trial sign-up page
  3. Attempt to install

The installer appears to freeze, or fails to initialize. I've also attemped the following steps to get the initializer to respond:

1. Download and open installer file
  2. CTL + click installer.app
  3. Show Package Contents
  4. Open Contents > MacOS > Install
  5. [Terminal opens automatically] 

The installer fails to initialize, and just loads forever, endlessly, off into eternity. Every time I've attempted it, I've eventually had to Force Quit, because quitting doesn't register.

If there's someone here in the forums who has experience with a Mac and has been able to succesfully download/install after update 4, I'd love to hear how you were able to do so. I suspect there may be a conflict between my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription (licensed under my company email) and my Captivate subscription (licensed under my personal email), but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to resolve it - signing out of Creative Cloud hasn't worked, and if I have to uninstall Creative Cloud just to install Captivate, I'd rather just give up and quit and find another combination of tools to serve my learners. 

TOPICS
Installation and licensing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Contact customer support between 9-5 they are great . I had a simular problem but they took control of my computer and fixed it in 25min.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources