• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate video demo - zoom problem

New Here ,
Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Adobe Captivate to take video demos of our company software for training successfully for a few years now. I have used it on both my laptop and the computer connected to out kit. Since I installed the 2017 version, I am no longer able to take video demos of my entire screen. I select "screen area" and "full screen" like I usually do and record. When I play the video back however, the screen has "zoomed in" and cut off the right had third of my screen out of the video! Today at work we had a demo of some new software in for one day only for a very important project and it was my job to get Captivate footage of the software so I can create a promotional video. All the footage I got is completely unusable because its cut off at the bottom and right hand side. I've tried changing every setting I can think of, including customising the size of the screen area and selecting the application to record instead but it does the same thing no matter what I do.

I;m at my wits end now and I've missed the one-time opportunity to get footage of our new software. How do I fix this so that I don't mess up an opportunity like this again? I never had this problem before it forced me to update to the 2017 version!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 16, 2017 Jun 16, 2017

Can you check the display percentage in Win 10?  By default it is often set to more than 100% for readability. For software simulation and video demo you need to set it back to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I have Windows 10 and that could make a difference possibly? It is the only other thing that has changed recently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you check the display percentage in Win 10?  By default it is often set to more than 100% for readability. For software simulation and video demo you need to set it back to 100%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2018 May 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed it for me too! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Emily, Did you ever get an answer to sort this issue as I have exactly the same problem. Thanks, Susan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2017 Sep 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emily, did anyone ever provide you an answer? I just downloaded this program today and experience the same problem. Reformatting Windows display to 100% hardly makes a difference, and you can't see anything at the small rate anyway. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Settng the display percentage is only for the capture work flow. Bit logical that you capture px by px....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2018 Aug 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So where is that setting? This problem makes the program unusable. How do you capture px by px?

Thanks

Colin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on Win10? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lieve may be asleep by now so I will help out.

In Windows 10, type Display Settings into the search field in the lower left corner of your screen.

Open the Display settings screen and look for the Scale and Layout settings field.  Set that to 100%.

DisplaySettings.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem. The video is zoomed in! I changed display settings but this didn't help.

I'm using a video file, not Youtube video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources