Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Captivate (Video Uploading)

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am creating a responsive project. I'm trying to upload a YouTube video with specific start and stop times. Every time I click to preview it, it only plays for 2 seconds and stops. It should play for 37 seconds. Not 2 seconds and stop. 

What should I do?

What am I doing wrong? 

TOPICS
Audio and video , Editing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See if the video is set to 2 seconds in the timeline, if so, change it to the desired length. Maybe the slide the video is on is also set to 2 seconds only. In this case it would be advisable to change the end time of the slide to the desired time under Properties.
Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Julius Jay  It is impossible to insert a YouTube video as event video, it is always slide video. And slide video is automatically pushing the end of the slide timeline to the length of the video.

Hope you understand? It is one of my tasks as moderator to warn you and the OP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the tip, but I had the problem myself once and saw that the slide already changed after 2 seconds, even though the video went longer. I then had to give it the appropriate length in the timeline afterwards.
I apologize if I gave a wrong answer here, I just wanted to share my experience. I am still a beginner myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, just wanted to avoid confusion.  An event video doesn't need to extend the slide duration, you get the option to do so however. Whereas a slide video based on a Youtube link insertion immediately extends the slide duration to the length of the video. I don't know which type you used in your previous experience, nor what caused the jump to the next slide at an inappropriate time.

It is even possible for this particular question that my idea is not the cause neither, but it is the first which I suspect because lot of users are not comfortable with pausing points of interactive objects. An event video will never be paused by such a pausing point, but a slide video will pause because it is synchronised with the Captivate timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please insert a screenshot of the Timeline of that slide?  There may be an interactive object pausing the playhead at 1.5 secs (which is the default time for the pausing point location when you insert such an object).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources