• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe.com is blocked message

New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been asked to update an old Captivate Course but unfortunately, they have lost the source file and only have the zipped SCORM file. When i upload it to Scorm.Cloud I'm getting the message Adobe.com is blocked. 

I've tried this on Chrome, Opera and Edge and it won't load

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My suspicion is that this is a SWF-output and the error stems from the fact that the support for Flash Player (which would lead to an invitation for download) ended with 2020.

You say 'update' but that will be very limited now. Especially since you probably had Reporting to LMS turned on (hence the SCO) and that meant normally that you have interactivity in the course. 

I didn't try this suggestion in this use case but have mentioned it in this blog (has a poll asking about what you have to update from SWF to HTML5):

http://blog.lilybiri.com/using-cpquizinfoanswerchoice-for-survey-conversion-from-swf-to-html

You can unzip the SCO and find the SWF file. Look for an older browser (IE?) which still has Flash Player enabled, or find a solution on the web to be able to play the SWF file. Look for the parts which barely need interactivity, and capture them with Video Demo (Captivate). You can use them as VIdeo Demo slides in a new project, or insert them as mp4 and convert them to interactive video. The real interactivity slides will be needed to create from scratch.

If you have the SWF file you may  also be able to open it with Animate CC, in order to extract assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It'll need rebuilt as i don't have the source file. I know i can't update the current file.

The issue i have is viewing the current content so i know what to rebuild.

I can access the assets from the SCORM file but i just want to be able to view it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are solutions online that allow you to play the SWF. Just google. Here is one example (didn't try it out):

http://www.swffileplayer.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources