Highlighted

Adobe Presenter causing unwanted behavior in PowerPoint Master

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread of my discussion on Microsoft PowerPoint forum describing behavior of Master Slides.  This behavior has been pinpointed to the activation of the Adobe Presenter add-in:

I am updating PowerPoint themes and Master Slide sets and I have noticed a new behavior that I would like to overcome......  I have updated these themes dozens of times over the past 2 years and I have never seen this happen.

I have made the required updates to the slide masters.  The Master in question does not have any placeholders - I have verified this by selecting "Master Layout" and confirming that no boxes are checked.  All three of the layouts associated with this Master DO have a Title placeholder.

I then select "Themes" > "Save Current Theme" and suddenly a "Title" placeholder appears on the Master prior to saving.  Clicking on the "Master Layout" dialogue again confirms that the "Title" placeholder has been added to the Master.   There does not appear to be a way to get rid of this.  Although it does not immediately effect the individual layouts associated with the Master, if, for example I were adjusting the Title block on one of the layouts and deleted it, upon re-adding it, it assumes the properties of the default title block added to the Master.

I have recorded a screen capture of this process and placed it HERE.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is this new behavior, or have I simply not noticed it before? 

Office 365/Windows 10

Hi Janet,

According to your description and video, I test the situation on my side with version 1809 (Build 10827.20181). The title placeholder does not appear when I uncheck the "Title" option in Master Layout.

Given the situation, I would suggest you close all 3rd party applications/processes temporarily, and open PowerPoint in safe mode to disabled add-ins on your computer to ensure the issue is not caused by the compatibility problem with 3rd party apps.

Safe Mode: Press Windows logo key + R >Type powerpnt /safe to launch PowerPoint Safe mode.

If the issue remains, I would like to confirm the following information below:

1.From your second reply, seems the situation only occurs in the certain Master but other Masters don't have the same issue. If so, we would like to collect the template to help check it on our side via Private Message. If not, does the issue occur in new Slider Master?

2.Please share your current PowerPoint version (File >Account) with us.

Besides, regarding the sub-sliders' title placeholder, it's normal behavior that removing the original title placeholder and adding the same default title placeholder as that in first Master.

Regards,

Eli

Thank you for your advice, Eli.  I am using PowerPoint for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730-20127 64-bit) 1808 1808 build 10730-20127 Click-to-Run.  I cannot update PowerPoint on this computer as all updates for Microsoft products are controlled by my IT Department.  The following third-party applications are running:

• Articulate Presenter
  • Adobe Presenter
  • iSpring Suite 9
  • MLC PowerPoint Add-in
  • Power User
  • Poll Everywhere
  • Acrobat PDF Maker
  • DropBox for Office

I have followed your advice and run PPT in safe mode with no open third-party applications and have been unable to reproduce the described activity.  Now it is a matter of re-activating each plug-in/app to see if I can identify the conflict. 

I have also opened the theme on a computer with no PowerPoint add-ins installed and it does not exhibit the same error. [32-bit 1810 (Build 11001.20074 Click-to-Run)]

I have uploaded one of the themes I was having issues with to my OneDrive and provided the link in the private message thread.

And the culprit is:  Adobe Presenter

I have activated each add-in individually and in combination with others.  The problem disappeared when all add-ins were deactivated and only reappeared when Adobe Presenter was re-activated, either by itself, or in combination with other add-ins shown above. 

I will post this thread to Adobe to notify them of the unwanted behavior their product is having on PowerPoint to see if they have a response.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Adobe Presenter causing unwanted behavior in PowerPoint Master

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thread of my discussion on Microsoft PowerPoint forum describing behavior of Master Slides.  This behavior has been pinpointed to the activation of the Adobe Presenter add-in:

I am updating PowerPoint themes and Master Slide sets and I have noticed a new behavior that I would like to overcome......  I have updated these themes dozens of times over the past 2 years and I have never seen this happen.

I have made the required updates to the slide masters.  The Master in question does not have any placeholders - I have verified this by selecting "Master Layout" and confirming that no boxes are checked.  All three of the layouts associated with this Master DO have a Title placeholder.

I then select "Themes" > "Save Current Theme" and suddenly a "Title" placeholder appears on the Master prior to saving.  Clicking on the "Master Layout" dialogue again confirms that the "Title" placeholder has been added to the Master.   There does not appear to be a way to get rid of this.  Although it does not immediately effect the individual layouts associated with the Master, if, for example I were adjusting the Title block on one of the layouts and deleted it, upon re-adding it, it assumes the properties of the default title block added to the Master.

I have recorded a screen capture of this process and placed it HERE.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Is this new behavior, or have I simply not noticed it before? 

Office 365/Windows 10

Hi Janet,

According to your description and video, I test the situation on my side with version 1809 (Build 10827.20181). The title placeholder does not appear when I uncheck the "Title" option in Master Layout.

Given the situation, I would suggest you close all 3rd party applications/processes temporarily, and open PowerPoint in safe mode to disabled add-ins on your computer to ensure the issue is not caused by the compatibility problem with 3rd party apps.

Safe Mode: Press Windows logo key + R >Type powerpnt /safe to launch PowerPoint Safe mode.

If the issue remains, I would like to confirm the following information below:

1.From your second reply, seems the situation only occurs in the certain Master but other Masters don't have the same issue. If so, we would like to collect the template to help check it on our side via Private Message. If not, does the issue occur in new Slider Master?

2.Please share your current PowerPoint version (File >Account) with us.

Besides, regarding the sub-sliders' title placeholder, it's normal behavior that removing the original title placeholder and adding the same default title placeholder as that in first Master.

Regards,

Eli

Thank you for your advice, Eli.  I am using PowerPoint for Office 365 MSO (16.0.10730-20127 64-bit) 1808 1808 build 10730-20127 Click-to-Run.  I cannot update PowerPoint on this computer as all updates for Microsoft products are controlled by my IT Department.  The following third-party applications are running:

• Articulate Presenter
  • Adobe Presenter
  • iSpring Suite 9
  • MLC PowerPoint Add-in
  • Power User
  • Poll Everywhere
  • Acrobat PDF Maker
  • DropBox for Office

I have followed your advice and run PPT in safe mode with no open third-party applications and have been unable to reproduce the described activity.  Now it is a matter of re-activating each plug-in/app to see if I can identify the conflict. 

I have also opened the theme on a computer with no PowerPoint add-ins installed and it does not exhibit the same error. [32-bit 1810 (Build 11001.20074 Click-to-Run)]

I have uploaded one of the themes I was having issues with to my OneDrive and provided the link in the private message thread.

And the culprit is:  Adobe Presenter

I have activated each add-in individually and in combination with others.  The problem disappeared when all add-ins were deactivated and only reappeared when Adobe Presenter was re-activated, either by itself, or in combination with other add-ins shown above. 

I will post this thread to Adobe to notify them of the unwanted behavior their product is having on PowerPoint to see if they have a response.

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 05, 2018 0

Have something to add?