• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AdobeCaptivate.ini UseWidget7 Changing to 1 Breaks the Functionality of Dropdown Menu

Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone. I have an issue where changing the UseWidget7 from 0 to 1 in the AdobeCaptivate.ini file breaks the functionality of my dropdown menu learning interaction. The dropdown menu appears on the screen but I cannot interact with it. If I change UseWidget7 back to 0 (false) it works again.

Does anyone know if there's a known conflict with this or if there is a hack around this? Thank you in advance!

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Try placing the dropdown widget to not overlap on other objects, either on the slide or on the master slide. I know this might be difficult to do, but if you cleverly crop your backgrounds so that no part is behind the dropdown, you might find it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is that learning interaction on top of the stack? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try placing the dropdown widget to not overlap on other objects, either on the slide or on the master slide. I know this might be difficult to do, but if you cleverly crop your backgrounds so that no part is behind the dropdown, you might find it works.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smart shapes can be an issue with these as well. If you are using them for text use a text caption instead. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Lieve and Paul for your suggestions! I first tried Lieve's and brought my DD widget to the top of the stacking order, but the outcome did not change. Then Paul's suggestion made me think of the one time it did work and that was when I didn't have a background image. So, I removed the background image from the master slide's timeline and instead loaded that image as a custom background image for the slide, and now my DD menu works! Thanks Paul!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved it. I didn't have all the information yet. Just a clarifying question for other users. Was this a real background image in the master slide, or just an image with an individual timeline put on top of the master slide? In 'my' terminology (always a problem in Captivate), this is a background image on a master slide:

ImageBG.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Originally, it was the latter, an image placed on the master slide's timeline to act as a background. I removed that and then made the image as a background the proper way (as shown in your screenshot) and then it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course... terminology is a pain which is the cause of my asking questions to clarify.  A real background image cannot interfere with other objects as you thought. This is a different situation in your case than the one PW was talking about (and is in the correct answer). Too many users ignore what a real background image is and label an image on the master slide wrongly. Wished we had a proper glossary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh man, wouldn't a glossary be a great idea! There's usually a few ways to do something but, like in this case, I wasn't doing it the proper way. Always a learning lesson! Thanks for the guidance Lieve!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources