• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Action - Code Missing, Associated with No Object, Can't Delete

Community Beginner ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While working on a project, Captivate crashed.  When the project was opened again, three of the Advanced Actions have no code showing; they cannot be altered, added to, renamed, or deleted; Captivate insists there is an object associated with it.  

After reading this thread:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate/serious-problems-with-advanced-actions/td-p/9729097?page=1

I uninstalled Captivate, used CCleaner, and reinstalled it.  The Advanced Actions are still messed up.  Solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like somethng has become corrupted in the project when Captivate crashed.

First make doubly sure that the Advanced Action is not used by any interactive objects (e.g. buttons) or slide events (e.g. On Enter) then copy all slides in that project to a new blank project.  That sometimes will relink everything.  But only Advanced Actions that are atttached to events will be copied over to the new project.  So, you may need to rebuild the missing corrupted actions again,

I would also be looking into why Captivate may have crashed, just in case it might be likely to happen again.  Are you making sure to work ONLY on project files that are residing on your own PC hard drive and not opening them from a network LAN location?  Are your Default Locations in Preferences pointing to local hard drive folders?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It crashed when I copied objects from one slide to another. Yes, only on pc hard drive and default locations in preferences point to local hard drive folders.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objects with attached actions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Captivate crashed when you were copying certain objects, that is your clue that one or more of those objects are causing the corruption.  Copy them one by one until you find the gremlin.  Then get rid of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have read the other thread where I talked about same label used for at least two items, including advanced acton names. So I suppose you checked that out.

Another issue I encountered when a client asked me to debug a project which had 800 variables and over 500 advanced actions. Captivate 'choked' on it. I needed to follow the workflow (copying to new project with same theme and resolution) but also by reducing the variables and replacing advanced actions by instances of shared actions. You don't specify if this is a project with a lot of advanced actions and variables?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources