Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced action issue

Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm starting to see AA's as potential minefields, I have an advanced action as follows

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.51.51 PM.png

When I trigger the AA nothing happens. So I remove the assign action. When I click the trigger again it works as intended the button appears. So I believe the problem lies with the assign action. I am using only 4 user variables in the project as follows.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 3.55.13 PM.png

they seem quite unique so I don't see any naming issues. I have 3 other slides that with similar AA's that work as intended

I had this same issue a few weeks ago and I had to not use certain slides (not a good solution)

I really can't understand why a trigger will do nothing when I try to assign a value to a variable. the consensus the first time on the forum was that it was a naming issue. I'm not seeing it. see below for timeline screenshot for good measure.

Screen Shot 2019-07-23 at 4.01.06 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Why do you dual double quotes, that was also th eproblem last time. I enlarged the image this time, to be able to see them clearly.

For the literal just typ e in the two words Caesar Salad without any quots. Captivate will add one set of double qyuotes to indicate that the words are ons string.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do you dual double quotes, that was also th eproblem last time. I enlarged the image this time, to be able to see them clearly.

For the literal just typ e in the two words Caesar Salad without any quots. Captivate will add one set of double qyuotes to indicate that the words are ons string.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason I thought quotes were mandatory. I will get rid of them and see what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I was going to assign a string to a variable using JavaScript - I would need the quotes.

When using advanced actions all that kind of stuff is taken care of for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes that was the issue. Forgive me for not seeing your comment on that a few weeks ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I explained the meaning of the quotes in the first thread.  Advanced Actions are cool, but you need to know the rules.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources