• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Action won't pause with Pause Button

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2019 Oct 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an image with multiple states that I have timed out to align with an audio string in my timeline. The advanced actions delay then change state in unison with the audio. 

As I view the output in HTML 5 to verify my timing I clicked the pause button (a standard captivate navigation bar not one of my own creation).  When I clicked it, the audio stopped but the advanced actions continued to run. 

Any suggestions on what is happening?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing broken here.

It is normal for the advanced actions to continue running their course since they run independent of the timeline.

Personally - If  I need the functionality you describe - I would create a video and then embed it in the Captivate project.

The video can have its own controls then - independent of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Delay command and the While loop will not be paused by a pausing point, nor by a Pause command That is just the way it is set up, sorry.  A pausing point will not pause slide audio, unless you specify it that way. Audio started with Play Audio command will not be stopped by a pausing point nor by a Pause command. More information in:

Pausing timeline and Audio clips

Can you reflect 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2019 Oct 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I watched the video you attached. I don't exactly understand how it relates to my specific issue. I don't have a "Pausing Point" or a "Pause Command". I just have advanced actions set to delay and change the state of a single object. When the end user presses the "pause" button on the playhead it stops the audio but the advanced actions continue to delay and change the state of that single object. In your video that I watched, I was able to press the pause button and stop your audio and all the movements of the objects on the screen. That's what I want my project to do. Not sure why the Play/Pause button won't let that happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources