• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Actions- Execute Javascript on Button to reload project

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a short Quiz on captivate 8, and would like, on a failed attempt to reload this project again via a button click (with Execute Javascript Advanced Action) on the results page, which will reload the tab the user is on, restart the project from the first slide and re-randomise the questions displayed.

Can this be done? Any help will be appreciated

I'm currently using: window.location.reload(true);

but this doesn't restart the project.

The attached picture shows how i'm setting up the advanced action row.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions , Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

I don't know what you mean by 'tab'? Nor how many attempts you have on Quiz level?

Restarting the project if there is Failure? If you have only one attempt on Quiz level, use the action 'If Failing Grade' from 'Continue' to 'Jump to slide 1' if that is the first content slide.

Another easy way which would also work when you have multiple attempts on Quiz level is to put an interactive object (button, Text Entry Box) on the first content slide, and include it in the Quiz. It can have a very small

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

That is indeed totally different.

You cannot have another subset of questions during the same session. Please add your voice to many other users by logging a feature request.

Learner needs to close the session and restart a new session. Then a new subset of random questions will appear.

Alternative would be to include the 20 questions, generate 5 random numbers (with JS) and set up custom navigation to exactly those 5 quiz slides. In that case you can generate a new set of 5 numbers when quiz is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what you mean by 'tab'? Nor how many attempts you have on Quiz level?

Restarting the project if there is Failure? If you have only one attempt on Quiz level, use the action 'If Failing Grade' from 'Continue' to 'Jump to slide 1' if that is the first content slide.

Another easy way which would also work when you have multiple attempts on Quiz level is to put an interactive object (button, Text Entry Box) on the first content slide, and include it in the Quiz. It can have a very small score. That means that the quiz scope will start on that slide, and when using the Retake button on the score slide the learner will automatically get to that first slide with the button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I wasn't clear originally.

The quiz is only 5 random question slides (but from a pool of 20) so, if the user were to fail, I wanted the browser window/project to refresh, to ensure the user doesn't receive the same questions again.

I want the users to be able have to muliple attempts at the quiz but not be able to know the questions which will appear.

Hope this is able to make more sense 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is indeed totally different.

You cannot have another subset of questions during the same session. Please add your voice to many other users by logging a feature request.

Learner needs to close the session and restart a new session. Then a new subset of random questions will appear.

Alternative would be to include the 20 questions, generate 5 random numbers (with JS) and set up custom navigation to exactly those 5 quiz slides. In that case you can generate a new set of 5 numbers when quiz is failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources