Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Advanced Actions Null Error

Community Beginner ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captura de Pantalla 2020-07-21 a la(s) 23.27.32.png

I had to erase my Solid  State Drive, when I re-instaled Captivate and planned on programming some buttons with advanced actions the window looked like this, I already deleted the program and downloaded it again and the same thing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

I am happy to report that a most skilled customer service technician named Pushpendra at Adobe customer service cleaned up my corrupted user account and permissions and got the problem resolved. It was a remarkable fix involving deleting a bunch of files in the macOS Monterey library and reinstalling Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Thanks for the heads up. I am happy you got solid support from the team!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 21, 2020 Jul 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean the Preferences when reinstalling? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I already tried that and cleaning captivates cache and the same happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clearning Preferences is not the same as clearing the cache.

Look for the subfolder 'utils' under the installation folder and run CleanPreferencesMac file while Captivate is closed. But it looks like all fields lost their text, which is very weird.

Are you using a version which is compatible with your OS? Check the Captivate version under Help, About Captiate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This appears, I have the 2019 release and my Mac is updated to macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Captura de Pantalla 2020-07-22 a la(s) 11.56.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

11.5.4 is compatible with your OS.

Did you clean the Preferences with my instructions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and the same happens:(

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really sorry, have no idea what is going wrong...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would suggest you UNINSTALL Captivate, selecting the option to delete all Preferences in that process, then reboot your computer and REINSTALL again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2020 Sep 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing happened to me, did you fixed it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently having the same issue (MacOS Big Sur).

I have tried and looked everything for a solution to no avail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi do you get a solution for this?, im having the same problem and i cant found anyrhing about it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is rather old... are you still on the same version of Captivate? Did you try to clear the cache and clear the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

i came acrross this post because i have a new macbook and i did a fresh install of captivate lastest version 11.8 and i have the same problem and i cant find a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No puedo creer que llevemos más de un año con este problema los usuarios de OSX y que aún no lo corriga el equipo de adobe. Pregunta: ¿El equipo desarrollador mira estos foros?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a new version for Big Sur, there is a new version for Monterey. What do you need?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actualmente tengo la versión 11.8.0.710 en Big Sur 11.6.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Big Sur you didn't need 11.8... only for Monterey and M1 chip. What is the problem you have with Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

El problema del "null" que está aquí mismo en el tema del foro y que aparece en la captura de pantalla adjunta más arriba.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you clean the Preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilibiri i have a macbook pro m1 with moneterrty and i have the 11.8 versioon y neeed the new  version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola y buenas para todos: At different times right after a MacOS update/actualización, I have this exact same problem. It weird: I have MacOS Monterey on my M1 Max Mac Studio running Catptivate 11.8, but the same version produces this advanced action "null" issue on my M1 Pro MacBook Pro 14 running Monterey. I have always performed the preferences reset, the making changes in access to the Adobe Captivate 2019 program and folder using "get information" and adding myself "read and write" privlieges, making changes to security features in system preferendes and the problem persists, just as it did with previous MacOS versions until Adobe issues some update and the problem is resolved months later. I'm not abandoning Captivate 2019 (I have two licenses) and I won't rush to install MacOS Ventura. I hope we all get this resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am happy to report that a most skilled customer service technician named Pushpendra at Adobe customer service cleaned up my corrupted user account and permissions and got the problem resolved. It was a remarkable fix involving deleting a bunch of files in the macOS Monterey library and reinstalling Adobe Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the heads up. I am happy you got solid support from the team!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources