• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After publishing the captivate course, facing loading issue for each slide. Pls help

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2020 Jun 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have developed one course in Adobe Captivate, used minimal graphics and few buttons. But after publishing facing loading issues.. To load each page it takes 15-20 seconds. Please help me in resolving this issue.What can be reasons for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you test? Did you upload the published course to a webserver?

You talk about graphics, but since you mention that each slide takes loading time, do you perhaps have slide audio as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I get an error message when I open the index file in Google Chrome or Firefox like this "This page says An error has occurred: Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is usually a bandwidth issue.  Have you measured your actual bandwidth?  Try using OOKLA for this.

If you have good bandwidth, you may find that you have not edited your images so that they are only as big as they need to be to display on the page.  Did you edit image in an image editor before loading them into Captivate or did you just load full resolution images on each slide?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I get an error message when I open the index file in Google Chrome or Firefox like this "This page says An error has occurred: Error - unable to acquire LMS API, content may not play properly and results may not be recorded. Please contact technical support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This means that you have set up the course as being a SCO to be used on a LMS. It will only open when you upload it to a LMS. Watching locally is never a good idea. Even a non-SCO course should be uploaded to a webserver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources