• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Windows automatic update, Edge is now default browser and Glossary widget is broken

Explorer ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today Microsoft pushed an update that I think modified my Edge browser, as well as making it my default browswer.  Now a Glossary widget takes a long time to load, and when it does it is not visible and therefore not working.

I'm not great with the technical ins and outs of what is happening behind the scenes, but whenever I publish a course and subsequently view it I am pretty sure I was looking at it in IE.  After today's update, the courses seem to load in Edge instead and now I have this issue with the widget.

Now, if I manually open IE and drag my "index.html" from a published course, it works fine after I click a button in a dialog box that says 
"Internet Explorer restricted this webpage from running scripts or ActiveX controls."  The button says "Allow blocked content"  This fixes the issue with the Glossary widget.

I'm using Captivate 2017 in Windows 10.  Any insights or help suggestions?  Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still reset IE as your default browser, ask for Help to do so. Cannot do it, because I have thrown that old browser off all my systems since years. It is the worst you can have for HTML5 output. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your issue is likely to be due to Edge no longer supporting Flash files.  Is the project being published to HTML5 or to SWF (or both)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Publishing as HTML5.  It's been working when published as HTML5 in IE for a couple of years now.

Thanks.  Any more info would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources