Highlighted

Align objects to middle in responsive projects?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a responsive project and want to align objects to the middle of other objects that are located below them. I can use smart positioning to align objects from the eft or right of the object below but how to align them from the middle of the object to a border of the object below?

Perhaps I miss something simple?

I am in Captivate 2019 and use breakpoints in the project.

middle position.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Align objects to middle in responsive projects?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a responsive project and want to align objects to the middle of other objects that are located below them. I can use smart positioning to align objects from the eft or right of the object below but how to align them from the middle of the object to a border of the object below?

Perhaps I miss something simple?

I am in Captivate 2019 and use breakpoints in the project.

middle position.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Apr 17, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand: do you want to center on the stage (as shown), or do you want to align center/middle of two objects?

I definitely would start by making Rulers visible and drag out some guides.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lilybiri,

What I want to do is the last: position the center/middle of an object to the center/middle of another object. Great suggestion to work with rulers and guides, don't do that enough!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this (just an example)...

Create your background shape with a height of 90% and check Align Center vertically on the slide. Make the width 40% and have it 5% from the left (this will leave 5% between the object and the actual center of the slide.
Place your foreground object on top and use Smart Position to Anchor it to the left side of the other image. Make the width 30 % and set it to be 10% from the side (5 % from the left of the other object). Set the height to be something less than the 90 % you selected for the lower shape, say 50%. If you stick with % values it should size nicely from breakpoint to breakpoint and in between.
2019-04-17_15-33-12.png
2019-04-17_15-33-21.png
Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI Paul,

I see what you mean, you use the % dimensions of the objects and spaces around it to accomplice the desired alignment. I will try this for the next days and I think I can use it that way.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Apr 17, 2019 0