• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow for second try upon time-out

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 2019 to create a quiz to play among a few groups of people. The players will have 15 seconds to 'buzz' to give their answer, upon which the moderator will indicate their answer and check if it is correct or not.

This leaves me with an issue. If a player buzzes after 14 seconds, they are still within the time limit. However, our moderator will not have enough time left to indicate the answer before time runs out.

My question: upon the slide timing out, I want to give the user another chance to answer. This should only be the case upon time-out, not when the answer given is wrong. Can anyone help me out here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this something you are trying to do live? Not to bash Captivate, but there are several PowerPoint plugins that allow polling and quizzing among audience members and then display the results in real-time.

https://www.presentation-guru.com/how-to-get-instant-feedback-from-your-audience/

Otherwise you will need to create some JavaScript to run the time and reset the question.

Here is a thread about resetting a quiz and JavaScript

Re: Can you reset quiz answers to allow for retakes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What did you use for timing? Do you use the timing or the hourglass interaction or another workflow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources