• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allowing subquizzes in a huge quiz

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2019 Jun 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project with 200+ questions which, at the moment at least, all have to be answered in order to finnish the quiz. I would like to allow the user to do parts of the quiz only. The quiz is grammar related. Categories would be "Verbs", "Pronouns" etc. The user could work through all questions in the category of "Verbs" for example but at the same time, if he wishes so, do the whole 200+ quiz. Any ideas how I can achieve that?

I work with the Captivate 2019 Release, Version 11.0.0.xxx.

Thank you for any help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why still on the first release of CP2019? There have been two updates already. The present version is 11.5.0.

Have a look at this blog post:

What is Branch Aware? - eLearning

Rest is to be set up with custom navigation. Avoid the default playbar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I'll look into that feature! I didn't know there was a newer version. I'll update later this day! Thank you for letting me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you have that many questions and you want the learner to be able to complete smaller sections at a time, I would suggest you consider breaking the project up into multiple CPTX files, each of which contains a logical section of the overall quiz.

The advantage of this approach is that it's not so intimidating to the learners, will load faster and play back with less lag, and you would also then be able to get more granular reporting on areas where the learner may not have done so well.

If everything is in one huge CPTX, you may find that it takes longer to download and start playing, and your LMS may begin to bog down as more and more questions are answered. Although you can certainly turn on Resume Data Bookmarking, if you happen to be publishing to SCORM 1.2 you could find that the bookmarking starts to break down after a given number of questions.  SCORM 2004 would be a better option (if your LMS supports it). 

Just some things to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources