Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

alphanumeric keystroke input while recording the screen

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I try to make a demo video of the program auto desk Maya and some important input is with F for focus or 1, 2 and 3 to smooth mesh. unfortunately captivate does not capture these key strokes. It only captures "shift", "alt", "Ctrl" and the Function keys. I would also need to capture Left and right mouse click and "hold&drag" or make the window of the mouse "hold&drag" function visible in the recording.

how can i set the settings that it will capture alphanumeric input as well as mouse input  ?

help is greatly appreciated

cheers

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2018 Oct 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you must mean software simulation. Video demo captures non interactive screen recordings. There are some key combinations that cannot be recorded because they are reserved for other functions. If you have a multiple monitor configuration try putting the application you wish to record on your primary monitor. I've run into situations where having an application on my second monitor gives me missed key strokes and missed mouse clicks. 

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2018 Oct 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick help! yes you are right i meant software simulation.

Already tried your suggestion, unfortunately no success it still won`t capture alphanumeric and mouse clicks.

Do you might have another suggestion ?

cheers

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm at a loss on this one. You may need to get Adobe in on this problem and have them troubleshoot it for you.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources