Highlighted

Animated effects

Explorer ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have an animation such as FadeZoomIn start from a corner of the object?  For example I'd like to have a speech bubble (text caption with a tail) grow from the lower left corner of the object bounding box rather than from the center.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animated effects

Explorer ,
May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to have an animation such as FadeZoomIn start from a corner of the object?  For example I'd like to have a speech bubble (text caption with a tail) grow from the lower left corner of the object bounding box rather than from the center.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 06, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have given up trying to have the possibility to change the reference point, which is fixed to the left top point for most actions, and to the middle point for effects. The only location where you can change that reference point is for the snapping of drag sources to a drop target in D&D slides. Since only a small minortiy ever asks for that feature it will never make it to the prioirity list.

At this moment I have a workaround, which I described for a motion effect in this blog post (my previous sentence about minority is based on the fact that this post has very few views, compared with most posts):

Reference/Registration point in Captivate? - Captivate blog

I just double-checked and it works also perfectly for your example of Faded Zoom In:

1. Create a duplicate of the object (CTRL-D
  2. Flip that duplicate twice: horizontally and vertically
  3. Use Rulers, Guides to mark the left and bottom border of the original object bounding box
  4. Move the duplicate using the guides to have its bounding box fitting the rulers:
    EffectGroup.png
  5. Group both objects
  6. Apply the effect to the group. Up till version CP2017 the effect will be referenced to the center point of the group, which means the bottom left corner of the bounding box of the original object.

Ii is possible that this workflow will not be valid anymore if the programmed change where effects can be individual within a group is realized.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 07, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri - This is elegant! - I missed this - Thank you

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 0
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 08, 2018 1