• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animation stops working after publishing in Captivate 2019

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've created a project in Captivate 2019 by importing PowerPoint slides that already included animation in them.  When I preview the project in Captivate, everything works just fine, but after I publish the project, the slide animation never plays - it's like it's been paused from the start.

I've checked all my interactive objects (I use click boxes) and even published a version where I unchecked all pauses, it still didn't fix the issue.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening and is there a setting I might be missing that's causing this?

Thank you,

Marina Z.

slide3timeline.PNG

slide3properties.PNG

slide3properties_advaction1.PNGslide3properties_advaction2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

When you import a PPT into Captivate the objects in the original PPT don't get converted into Captivate objects (e.g. text boxes and shapes).  The PPT slides basically just become backgrounds for Captivate slides.

PPT animations can be converted to animated SWFs, but (as far as I am aware) HTML5 output doesn't turn the animations into anything of a similar animated form (e.g. video or animated GIF). So what you end up with is a stalled animation in HTML5.

Just for curiosity, publish to SWF and see

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2019 Apr 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Publishing as HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HTML5 and SCORM 1.2.

Marina Z.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you import a PPT into Captivate the objects in the original PPT don't get converted into Captivate objects (e.g. text boxes and shapes).  The PPT slides basically just become backgrounds for Captivate slides.

PPT animations can be converted to animated SWFs, but (as far as I am aware) HTML5 output doesn't turn the animations into anything of a similar animated form (e.g. video or animated GIF). So what you end up with is a stalled animation in HTML5.

Just for curiosity, publish to SWF and see if the animations then work when you view the output.  My gut feeling is that they will because they become animated SWFs. If they still don't, then that would indicate that there must be something pausing your timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2019 Apr 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are correct.  When I published the course as SWF/HTML combo, the graphics worked perfectly.

Thank you,

Marina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources