Highlighted

Animation window cut off when importing HTML5 animation into Captivate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.49.18.png

Hi,

Please can I ask for help? This is driving me nuts!

I have used both Edge and Animate to create an oam file to use in my project. I have selected media and successfully imported the file. However, what it's actually done is altered the viewer's ability to see all of the animation. It's cut off 40% of the width view.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.52.31.png

It doesn't let me resize to 100% within the fluid box.

Has anyone come across this? Would they be prepared to help out someone still learning the software?

Thanks!!

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Animation window cut off when importing HTML5 animation into Captivate

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.49.18.png

Hi,

Please can I ask for help? This is driving me nuts!

I have used both Edge and Animate to create an oam file to use in my project. I have selected media and successfully imported the file. However, what it's actually done is altered the viewer's ability to see all of the animation. It's cut off 40% of the width view.

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 15.52.31.png

It doesn't let me resize to 100% within the fluid box.

Has anyone come across this? Would they be prepared to help out someone still learning the software?

Thanks!!

Andrew

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the OAM responsive or was it set to a fixed size?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add that the animation was perfectly sized to fit the fluid box I was trying to put it into...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 16.09.20.png

Wow, thanks for answering so quickly!

I didn't see the option in Animate - see publishing options above...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 16.15.52.png

Just in case this answers your question - the scale context box is unchecked in Animate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sized for a fluid box? A fluid box has no fixed size, not even a static fluid box. How can it be 'fluid' if you impose a size.  Are you sure to want a responsive project?

As for responsiveness in Animate CC, have a look at this tutorial by my friend Joseph Labrecque:

Edge Animate to Animate CC: Responsive Scaling and Positioning - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

I had meant that when all the fluid boxes had been positioned, their % size relative to each other were displayed. That was also expressed in px, so I assumed that an image or animation that was of the same px would not present a problem for resizing when put into that fluid box.

I know I have a lot of learning to do, so thank you for the link. I will look at it now...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Lilybiri LATEST
Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know (but don't understand) that you can define a fluid box in px. For a responsive project, I don't understand why.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group