• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animations not appearing in pdf

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been publishing my Captivate 8 files in exe format.  By popular request, I've changed to publishing in pdf format.  However, upon review, some (not all) of the animations are not appearing.  We're using Adobe Acrobat 2017 to view the pdfs.   Can someone explain why some of the animations are not appearing?  I've made a "sampler" of the animations in pdf (6 MB), if there's a way to get it to some one to review.  Thank you.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both pdf and exe relay on the installation of the Flash Player... maybe? I would not recommend to use these outputs anymore since the death of Flash Player is in the near future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animations appear in the exe, but not the pdf.  If both formats use the Flash Player, then they shouldn't appear in either format, yet they are appearing in the exe.

Not sure if the other publishing formats are good options.  Lots of files to keep together.

Is there another answer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EXE output has it's own built-in Flash Player.  For a PDF to play Captivate content, the Flash Player plugin must be installed for the Acrobat Reader application on the end user's device.  That's why the EXE will always play the content but the PDF might not. 

Acrobat doesn't come with the Flash Player installed by default.  So it's now quite rare to find users that have it at all.

As far as HTML5 goes, very shortly that's pretty much the only format you'll be able to easily use once Flash Players are killed off for good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the plasible answer.  But, some of the animations show up in the pdf, some don't.  I do not understand why this is so if they all need the Flash player?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you label as 'animation' can be:

• SWF animation, not supported without Flash player
  • Animated GIF, normally supported
  • OAM animations, no idea if they ever were supported in pdf
  • Effects: big majority is supported but some not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The animations are the SWF that come with Captivate.  I have some animated GIF, but they're not the problem.

I checked and Flash Player is installed.

For the record, none of these replies help.  Sorry,  but thanks for the inputs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is the Flash player installed as plugin for Adobe Reader? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EXE doesn't need an extra install, but Adobe Reader has no longer the Flash Player plugin built in, you need to install it separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources