• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Another Way to Add Audio

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Adobe Captivate 2017. I type the audio I want into Slide Notes. I look in the Timeline to get the "Text to Audio" number. Next, I find the "Text to Audio" number in the Library and right-click on it. I select Rename and give it an appropriate name for the button or whatever I am attaching the audio to. I then go to the Slide Notes and delete the note. I also go to Timeline and delete the audio from there because I do not want the audio to play when the slide is accessed. I create the Advanced Action associated with the button and attach the audio.

I will have to repeat this procedure for multiple hidden buttons on each slide. Is there an easier way to create the audio for the individual buttons?

Thank you,

Jason

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Tell me if I understand this correct? You want to use Text To Speech to create audio, not use the recording feature of Captivate. TTS is automatically added to the slide which has the slide note as slide audio. You don't want slide audio, you want to play it by clicking a button? You talk about 'attach', but it is not that workflow, you use maybe 'Play Audio' in the action triggered by the button?If that is the case, can I see that action? Maybe you should use a shared action, easier to manage.

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell me if I understand this correct? You want to use Text To Speech to create audio, not use the recording feature of Captivate. TTS is automatically added to the slide which has the slide note as slide audio. You don't want slide audio, you want to play it by clicking a button? You talk about 'attach', but it is not that workflow, you use maybe 'Play Audio' in the action triggered by the button?If that is the case, can I see that action? Maybe you should use a shared action, easier to manage.

If you need  TTS to create the clips, the workflow with Library and deleting the slide audio is the only way I know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lilybiri,

I was afraid of that. I guess that is an ability, or feature, that should be developed and added by the Adobe Capivate software developers and released in 2020. Just wishful thinking. Thank you for confirming that I am doing it the right way that everyone else is...within Captivate, that is.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want any chance of a new feature being considered, then I suggest you should log an enhancement request.  But don't hold your breath for anything to happen as soon as 2020, if ever.

Adobe would need to see hundreds (if not thousands) of users screaming for this feature, and see their market position slipping away to some competitor before they would build it. 

There are (as Lieve has pointed out) several other ways already of creating audio files.  So the area is already fairly well covered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can launch a feature request but I am sceptical as well. TTS is just plugin offered for free with Captivate. TTS is also only a cheap solution, not to be used for really good quality audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources