• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

answer key/handout at the end of the quiz?

Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'd like to create an answer key that is accessible to learners at the conclusion of the quiz.  the answer key should include:

1) the question type (e.g., Multiple Choice, Matching, etc.)

2) the answer choices

3) indication of the correct answer(s)

how can i generate this key/handout from a project that uses randomized questions from question pools?  sample scenario: my question pool contains 100 questions, the quiz contains 25 randomized questions.  the key/handout should show answers for the same 25 randomized questions.

thank you in advance for any suggestions.

TOPICS
Quizzing and LMS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be possible do do some of what you want wth Captivate but not all, and it would require an awful lot of Variables and Advanced Action wizardry, plus perhaps some widgets to enable the printing of the output.

Here are some issues:

• You do not know in advance which quiz questions will be pulled randomly from the pool at runtime.  So you'd need to have a variable set up for each question slide in your quiz pool that would get set OnSlideEnter of that particular quiz question so that IF it got used in the randomisation then the variable would be set.
  • You'd need to have more variables to hold data such as the question type, answer choices, etc.  This would need to be done manually.
  • There's no easy way to find out exactly which answers the learner chose.  It's all locked deep inside the Captivate runtime and it's in a format that makes little sense if displayed.
  • Given that you have 100 questions in the pool, the total number of variables and advanced actions required to even get close to your goal would be so vast that it would probably bog down the entire module and make it too slow or unreliable.

My suggestion is that you save yourself a lot of frustration and don't try this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2018 Sep 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about if I just do a couple survey questions with short answers...can i have their short answers compile into a printable screen for them to keep after for group discussion?  thanks...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen this same question in the eLearning Community and have been answering it there. This was my proposal:

I don’t think this is about a graded quiz at all, which allows review but not in the sense you are needing. Short answer questions will only be estimated correct when the answer is totally identical to the preset answer which makes such a question pretty useless but that is a personal thought.

I would prefer not to use a question slide (not even in survey mode) but a Scrolling Text interaction for each of the needed answers. You can associate such an interaction with a user variable. You can insert the user variable on another slide and on runtime it will be replaced by its value. I suppose this would solve your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2018 Sep 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a blog post explaining both workflow with short answer question slides and with the scrolling text interaction. Have a look at:

Answer key for Survey - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I ask you another question?  I have researched this issue now for a couples hrs without any luck so try to save my questions for the hardest issues...I have a stock video I am using but don't want to use the whole video, need to trim off the first 5 secs...but cannot figure out how to "trim" in captivate...my file is a cptx file, not a cpvc file so there is not trim button...that would be really nice though...any advice how to trim a video up in captivate?  Just downloaded the 2019 release...I used Camtasia to trim it up buy it rendered too low quality when i brought it back in...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2018 Nov 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Captivate is not a video editing application.  As you indicated, the Trim feature is only really applicable to situations where you are trying to edit a Video Demo capture in CPVC format.

If you have stock video from another source, it will likely be MP4.  So you will need a video editing app that can handle MP4.  Adobe Premier would be a good choice.  If you cannot afford to purchase the Creative Cloud suite, why not just try to install the trial version of Premier and use that?  Premier Elements is a low cost sawn-off version of Premier that also does a  reasonable job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or try the new app Rush?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks cool!  Is it free?  I tried to download to see but it said my OS needed to be upgraded...ordered adobe editing software premier.  Thanks as usual for your quick response and great help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks...maybe Release 2030 can include simple trimming to slide files as well...I have ordered Adobe editing software...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you guys offer any services or know of anyone that I can work with to build these things vs me do them little by little?  I would like to spend a little to get some of these done so i can work on the bigger curriculum...thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a consultant and trainer for Captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your hrly rate and minimum?  Also, how do I take this conversation offline/off this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I sent ou a private message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources