Highlighted

Apostrophe in advanced actions doesn't work properly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When putting an apostrophe in the string of a variable in an advanced action (as well as the Javascript formatting for a carriage return, e.i. `\r`), it seems like the advanced action will cease functioning.

I would like to test someone on typing in correctly this statement:

"I shouldn't have done that."

But currently I can see no way of doing so through advanced actions. I am trying to build without the use of Javascript in my captivate file, help would be much appreciated.

Correct answer by Epsilonian | Community Beginner

To be honest, I don't know of anything outlying factors I haven't mentioned but funny enough I just randomly tried inputting \\\' for an apostrophe in my string value to check whether my text box had the correct text in it and that happened to work perfectly.

Topics

Advanced, Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Apostrophe in advanced actions doesn't work properly

Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When putting an apostrophe in the string of a variable in an advanced action (as well as the Javascript formatting for a carriage return, e.i. `\r`), it seems like the advanced action will cease functioning.

I would like to test someone on typing in correctly this statement:

"I shouldn't have done that."

But currently I can see no way of doing so through advanced actions. I am trying to build without the use of Javascript in my captivate file, help would be much appreciated.

Correct answer by Epsilonian | Community Beginner

To be honest, I don't know of anything outlying factors I haven't mentioned but funny enough I just randomly tried inputting \\\' for an apostrophe in my string value to check whether my text box had the correct text in it and that happened to work perfectly.

Topics

Advanced, Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Advocate ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I successfully did this with both an advanced action on a button and a text entry box.

Is there something else going on that we might need to be aware of?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Resources
Captivate User Guide
New Group