• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Applying master slides to all breakpoint views and crashing when applying themes

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on a Captivate project in breakpoint view, with three different Breakpoints (Desktop, Tablet, Phone) and am only working with multiple choice slides.

We load all our questions from GIFT files, and most answers have about two lines each. Therefore we load them into a projekt with very large sizing of the answer font. This sets a  large textbox for the answers so when we load the GIFTS, automatically two lines per answer are displayed after resetting the size of the answer font to small again. We cannot do this changing of Answer fonts with object styles, because captivate will buffer forever. Also we cannot apply a new design/theme with different sizing because of the same problem.

1. What can I do to prevent Captivate from crashing/buffering for 15 mins when applying a different theme/changing object styles?

The only way to do it faster was to add a secont master slide for multiple choice questions with smaller font for the answers. After applying the secont multiple choice master slide however, ONLY the breakpoint currently viewed changes, not all breakpoints, eventhough all breakpoints have been changed in the master. I then have to go to all breakpoints and then apply the previous master again and then the new one again. Thats the only way that works to apply the second master slide to all breakpoints.

2.  Is there a way of applying this 2nd masterslide to all breakpoints at once???

Thanks alot 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 04, 2018 Nov 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which version are you using, plese?

Formattting of answers in question slides is an old pain. With each new release I hope they'll make it easeir but up till now alswys have been disappointed. The problem is that you cannot resize the individual answer boxes on the master slide, only the answer area which is no help if you have answers with mltiple lines.

As for the last question: interesting, and it is indeed possible to apply another MCQ master slide to all at once. Select all the MCQ slides in the filmstrip and in the Properties panel select the other master slide. I'm not sure this will e a solution, have no time to test it out. Would love if you do so, and come back to tell the result.

As for the buffering: how many questions do you have? Once  I had to edit the master slide which was used for 8 question pools, each with about 50 questions. That took indeed a while, but never more than 5 minutes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources