Highlighted

Are there plans to add more shape options in Captivate?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're enjoying the flexibility of Captivate for creating interactive Math lessons, but we'd love to see more shape options to make creating Smart Shapes easier than copying and pasting from competing software and using workarounds. Could you start with a rhombus/diamond creator? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Are there plans to add more shape options in Captivate?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're enjoying the flexibility of Captivate for creating interactive Math lessons, but we'd love to see more shape options to make creating Smart Shapes easier than copying and pasting from competing software and using workarounds. Could you start with a rhombus/diamond creator? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Benzintr,

This is a user forum so your suggestions may not be seen by the folks at Adobe. I suggest you submit your feature request here

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

That said, you should know that you can edit shapes to some degree. I did a video a few years ago that probably should be updated but check this out if you want to see how you can take an existing shape and manipulate it into something else.

Adobe Captivate - Making Your Own Smart Shapes - YouTube

Paul

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the first feature requests I launched and repeated when shapes appeared with version 6 was to have full editing possibilities like you have with Photoshop and Illustrator, commonly called the Pen tools. That request never made it.

When SVG's were suppored (version 8) I hoped to be able to import an Illustrator SVG and convert it to a shape, as an alternative. That feature request never ranked high on the list neither, never made it up till now.

I created some custom shapes in Captivate as you can see on several blog examples, but it is and remains too limited, even when you use Guides as layout help as I explained in this blog post: Guides Rule! - Captivate blog

A request that is bit similar: make editing of motion paths easier, which would also benefit largely from the Pen toolbox. Too much dreams, I know.. I spent too much time when designing the motion path for this game, even with Guides and snap to guides turned on:

http://www.lilybiri.com/published/GameALS/index.html

Please, log some feature requests!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Binzintr,

We are pretty much always developing new features and augmenting existing features for Captivate. Expanding the shapes library is something we have discussed and are actively considering. As Paul mentioned, you can do some things to edit / create custom shapes, but we are also very interested in the sorts of additional shapes that people find they often wish for.  Please let us know any shapes that you'd like to see added. We'd love to hear requests for shapes, and we would love to hear about the uses that you have for various shapes in your projects. I hope others will add their thoughts about additional shapes that might be helpful as well.

Allen

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Benzintr,

Inspired by your question I updated that old video for Adobe Captivate 2017. Feel free to take a look.

Adobe Captivate - Modify & Create SmartShapes - YouTube

Paul

Paul Wilson, CTDP | https://captivateteacher.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0