Highlighted

Artifacts in Captivate output

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a responsive project in Captivate 2017 and recently submitted it to the client for feedback.  They noted some little artifacts that look like the letter "L" near the end of a couple of numbered items.  These items are just text inside a smart shape, nothing more.  Apparently the client is using Internet Explorer to review the output, and provided me with screenshots of what she's seeing. I can't replicate this, no matter what browser I use.  She's also pointed out that the "w" in the text is not displaying correctly?  I've included the screenshot set to me.

Has anyone else seen this type of thing?  Any thoughts?

artifact.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Artifacts in Captivate output

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a responsive project in Captivate 2017 and recently submitted it to the client for feedback.  They noted some little artifacts that look like the letter "L" near the end of a couple of numbered items.  These items are just text inside a smart shape, nothing more.  Apparently the client is using Internet Explorer to review the output, and provided me with screenshots of what she's seeing. I can't replicate this, no matter what browser I use.  She's also pointed out that the "w" in the text is not displaying correctly?  I've included the screenshot set to me.

Has anyone else seen this type of thing?  Any thoughts?

artifact.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you use CTRL-Enter or SHIFT-Enter instead of a hard return?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Lieve - no, I only ever use hard returns. I think this is a browser/device issue, but wanted to check with other people before telling the client it's not a problem the Captivate output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those marks look like formatting marks.

Do you copy and paste text into your Captivate project from another app such as MS Word or PowerPoint?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,
Dec 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that is why I asked about the use of Enter or soft Enter.  This is the typical symbol for a soft return( not sure about the exact term).

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rod. Yes, that's what I thought too - but I pasted the text as plain text, and so far it's only the client (unfortunately) that's seen them in the published output. I believe she was using IE, not sure what version.  I can't replicate the issue on my Mac, not in any of my browsers.  I'll keep digging away at this one.

Happy new year

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines