Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assessment Failure Feedback Not Showing in LMS

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, there.

I've created an assessment simulation within a course and the failure feedback caption will not show up in our LMS. I created a demo test course (separate from the course I created) and that plays correctly within the LMS showing both success and failure feedback. This leads me to believe there is something wrong with my project settings for my course. I have the click boxes set up to show both success and failure feedback captions, as well as pause for feedback before moving on. I also checked the Project Settings for the Assessment and have the boxes checked for both success and failure feedback.

What else am I missing?

Thank you,

Michelle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

I agree that it's weird but this kind of behaviour with LMSs happens to be a very common issue reported on this forum and that's why I always suggest that developers check whether or no the very same SCORM module behaves OK on SCORM Cloud. It almost always does.

Sounds like you need to go back to your LMS people and ask them to check through the LMS server logs to see what errors it is reporting.  There has to be a reason why it's not showing those captions.

If your course output happens to be HTM

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried uploading the same SCORM module to SCORM Cloud LMS to test whether the issue might actually be with your LMS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, RodWard.

Yes, I did preview in the SCORM Cloud LMS and it worked perfectly. What confuses me is that the demo test course will work fine in our LMS but the actual course (with the software simulation) will not show the failure feedback. Because one is working and one isn't, it makes me think it has got to be some setting in my project. But I do think that it's also weird that the course will work just fine in the SCORM Cloud LMS showing the failure feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree that it's weird but this kind of behaviour with LMSs happens to be a very common issue reported on this forum and that's why I always suggest that developers check whether or no the very same SCORM module behaves OK on SCORM Cloud. It almost always does.

Sounds like you need to go back to your LMS people and ask them to check through the LMS server logs to see what errors it is reporting.  There has to be a reason why it's not showing those captions.

If your course output happens to be HTML5, be aware that all recent versions of Captivate since late Cp9 now use JSON files in the output and not having JSON enabled on the LMS server will cause all manner of issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, RodWard.

I will follow up with our LMS people. I know we had reached out about JSON a while back, but I'm not sure if we had a resolution about that or not.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources