• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assessment getting marked as completed when close the browser without clicking on Retake option

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Captivate 9, and publishing to SucessFactor LMS.

I have created a course with a quiz that allows 3 attempts. Publishing using SCORM 1.2.

When I am giving  3 attempts at a stretch, the same is getting captured in LMS and true results are getting displayed but when I fail on the first attempt and then close the assessment browser, the entire assessment is moving to completed status. It does not allow to retake the assessment any further

I am wondering if this might be due to a Captivate setting -- I do not have it sending data after every slide. Does anyone know if that would make the difference?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you will find that this is a limitation of Success Factors LMS.  I seem to remember once having a client that used this particular LMS and the only way we could work with it was to make it impossible for the learner to successfully complete the module unless they had passed the quiz.  If memory serves, after having successfully passed the module we also could not allow the learner to access the module again, otherwise their previous results were wiped.

If you want to test whether or not your module is working correctly, upload it to SCORM Cloud and test it there.  I think you may find the results quite different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot speak for SuccessFactor but I wonder if you might have additional settings within your LMS that govern attempts versus completion.

I know that in Captivate Prime, I can allow mutliple attempts even if my project itself says only one.

When I want to allow retakes - I also choose not to send resume data. Otherwise, folks tend to see the final slide again because the system is remembering where they left off. It is important for the learner to know that when they start the exam, that they finish it in a single setting then.

At any rate, I am suggesting that I think it is your LMS that is marking this complete and is not an issue with Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ha Ha, Rod - we must have been typing at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources