Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Asset Images

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all, 

I am using the image assets that come with Adobe Captivate 2019 but when I play the slide or publish as an MP4 the images become red boxes. By reading posts, I have learned that the red boxes are created when the images are too large but I am slightly confused. Why would Adobe provide images that would cause an issue when publishing? How have you mitigated this issue? Any insights would be helpful. 

Thanks, 

Melissa

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can also be due to a not updated graphics driver. Can you check? Lot of the images are indeed High resolution images. It would be a good idea to edit their size before inserting them into Captivate. You always get the best results when the inserted image is not resized in Captivate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Liliybiri, Thanks for the response. My graphics driver is up to date. I have been exporting the pictures, resizing them and then importing them back into Captivate but that is a lot of extra work than just simply going into assets and inserting the image. Is there any easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resizing the image within Captivate will result in the same big file size as the original images. Whether the problem occurs depends also on the power of your system. Personally I have not seen those red boxes since several versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by power of my system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RAM, Graphics card, processor....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I just checked, my system is above all of the requirements that are suggested by adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources