• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assets Menu won't open in Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My company has an Adobe Cloud account for each of us. In Cap 9, clicking Assets brings me to the eLearning Brothers assets to download. In Cap 2017, clicking the Assets button does nothing.

I verified I am signed in and tried restarting Cap 2017, but the button still does nothing. Is this a bug?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have eLearning Assets installed? They should be in Public documents (Windows) under Adobe. Beware: you'll need administrator rights. Be also sure to run Captivate as Administrator if you are on Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're installed. Checking to see if I have Admin rights on the office PC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download the assets from How to access Adobe e-Learning Assets

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, new problem! I AM now able to open the Assets menu. But the Characters and Media tabs are blank. Only the Projects and Themes tab show any content. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Characters are inserted with Media, Characters, not with Assets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's true, but I'm not asking about inserting them yet; I'm trying to browse for them. By the way, clicking Media, Characters, opens the same menu as clicking the Assets menu. It is blank. The Media tab (to the right of Characters) is also blank.  Projects and Themes now show content; yesterday, they were also blank. So restarting apparently had some effect.

In Cap 9, when I clicked the Assets menu, I could browse through the characters, download the poses I liked, and then insert them as needed via the Media, Characters menu. Right now, I can only find them using Windows Explorer to locate the folder to which I downloaded them using Saurav's instructions. I cannot figure out what's wrong with this menu and I used it extensively with Cap 9. 

blank assets

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please close Captivate and then try to  rename the Layouts folder to Layouts_old in

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets and then open Captivate to check the behavior.

Regards

Himanshu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2017 Jun 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Himanshu, but it didn't seem to have any impact. I still get a blank screen when I click Media, Characters.

blank assets 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, the install process was not as I expected, but it's working now. I'm on a Mac, btw.

I downloaded the Asset.dmg file and installed that. That opened a new window with the Adobe Asset folder, which normally (on a Mac) one would drag that folder someplace within the Applications folder. However, I found if I double clicked the Adobe Asset folder, it initiated a second install process. Now my characters are available as expected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, even in Windows it's a two-step process.  The first step is just to unpack the compressed archive.  The second step is that actual install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you import a few assets from eLearning Brothers? If all goes well, you should see assets (video,image, etc.) in your Media tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working on that separately; my password isn't recognized and they provide no Forgot Password link on that screen. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 29, 2017 Jun 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another new problem..... trying to make 2017 work broke Captivate 9. I can no longer use Media, Characters to insert the assets I'd downloaded. This screen is now blank.

Any solutions, folks? I'm ready to delete 2017 entirely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a very similar problem. When I click on the Assets button in Captivate, nothing happens. The files are in the right place:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Adobe\eLearning Assets

And I've tried running as an administrator, but it doesn't seem to matter what I do I cannot access the assets in Captivate in 2017 at all.

Very frustrating. I've never had these kinds of problems with previous versions.

Jason

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the elearning assets a number of times ( from http://www.adobe.com/go/Cp2017_win_assets_installer  ), used Adobe_eLearning_Asset.exe , used both steps to install.  am using Captivate 10.0.192. Still nothing appears when the My Assets button is selected. Projects and themes do appear. Using the Media - Characters approach results are the same, nothing. How can I communicate directly with Adobe support about this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will try to get someone to contact you to get the hotfix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for following up.

So...we had a number of issues with Captivate 2017 and uninstalled it. We're sticking with Captivate 9 instead.

We had to re-install 9 and that cleared up all of my problems with the Assets menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Customer Support and the Technician actually had to remote into my computer to uninstall and reinstall some files due to an error that 2017 Captivate has. I'm on the phone with him now so I can't tell you how the outcome is just yet, but it sounds like the Technicians are aware of the problem and can help solve it but you will need to call the Customer Service line. I called the 1-800-833-6687 number.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this exact issue. I was getting the assets - now I cant!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 01, 2018 Oct 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using Captivate 2017 or Captivate 2019?

Please provide the point version of Captivate from Help>About Adobe Captivate . 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same version as OP , so 2017, but I got tech support to fix it, eventually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources