Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning Retake Quiz Button to Specific Slides

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Afternoon Adobe community,

I'm somewhat of an amateur when it comes to Captivate, but I have a problem with the retake quiz function.

Currently, when you run the quiz and fail, the "Retake Quiz" button jumps to the slide with the first question (which is the first question in the GIFT file format).

The slide before the first question there is a video you need to watch in order to take the quiz, is there a way in the Advanced Actions to do this? I don't really know where to start. 

In addition to this, if a user fails the quiz, before returning to the video I want the button to direct the user to a slide that explains some of the answers before going to the video at the beginning of the quiz to retake it.

I created this from the "Responsive Project" template. 

If anyone has any idea how to resolve this issue I would be eternally grateful!

Cheers,

Martin

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You'll have to use the quizzing system variable cpQuizInfoAttempts. It is incremented with each attempt on quiz level, when the user clicks the Retake button. Create a conditional advanced action which looks like this:

IF cpQuizInfoAttempts is greater than 1

Jump to slide.....

ELSE

Continue

Assign this action to the On Enter event of the first quiz slide. Type of project, responsive or not (you don't use a template but a theme) is not important. You need to allow Backwards movement in the Quiz Preferences, Settings or it wouldn't be possible. No need for the Back button on quiz slides.

Your second question doesn't seem relevant anymore. Or do you want to force the learner to view the video until the end? In that case, make sure NOT to use the default playbar, and insert the video as slide video. Put a next button with a timeline which starts just before the end of the video.

Bit similar but more complicated in this link:

Maybe this article could aslo help (have a lot of articles about quizzing in the portal:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2019/02/captivates-quizzes-3-attempts-scores/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources