• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

At my wits end! adobe captivate 2019 Swf compilation failed. Note: Please verify if any of the actionscript keywords is used as user variable name

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2019 Feb 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this error code when I am trying to publish projects.  I am trying to publish in video format.  I have copied and pasted the slides into a blank project and received the same error. 

My computer was upgraded to Windows 10 and Captivate 2019.  I used to be on Captivate 8.  After the upgrade that is when all of this started.

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

TOPICS
Advanced

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the thing.  The new computer by default syncs to OneDrive.  I have been able to publish from captivate to HTML5 with no issues, it's only the video publishing that is causing the issue.  This doesn't seem to make sense to me.  I've paused syncing and still get the same error.  I can't seem to turn off the sync just for the MyCaptivate folder at this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to change the default locations in Edit > Preferences.

Set up folders on your local hard drive so that the Default Location folders are not on a network as shown below:

DefaultLocations.png

For VideoDemo you need to change the location here, but the idea again is that you need to ensure the folder is local:

VideoDemoSettings.png

When you publish out to MP4 you should be able to change the location of the publish folder to point to one of your local folders as shown below:

PublishLocationsMP4.png

Can you confirm that you are able to set up these Preferences as shown?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just remembered another point.  You mentioned that you were using the The My Adobe Captivate Projects folder, which is by default located inside your user profile. Unfortunately, in many corporate systems the user's profile folder is defaulted to a LAN or Cloud server location.  For Captivate to work well, you cannot simply allow it to use that folder in your profile as a Default Location.  Ever since Captivate's first versions, developers have been told to set up the Default Locations as I have shown you above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I setup a new folder on my C drive for publishing Captivate (must have missed the memo on that, I've been using Captivate since it was RoboDemo).  This removed the OneDrive from the file path, but I continue to get the same error.  Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also set up the Default Location folders as shown above?

If you have done all of that, try creating and publishing a new CPTX project file to see if you get the same error with all projects or just the current one you are working on.  If it's just this one, your project may have become corrupted.  (That can occur due to your previous workflow of publishing to or from network drives).  If so, copy all slides into a new shell project of the same size.  Sometimes that strips out the corruption.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2019 Dec 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I updated the default folders.  I am still getting the same error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still unable to publish to video.  Any further ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@justjules: Is this a responsive project or non-responsive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non responsive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All recommended actions done but this error continues.

It is crazy, I invested so much money in a "reliable" program, working a few days on a project and then can't do anything.

There is no information about error, position, just the whole project becomes unusable.

Breaking few deadlines, and do not know what to do now, choose another software, all my planned work structure is now pure nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, post your question with all details i a new thread. This is an old thread, and lot may have changed. Which exact version (Help, About Captivate gives you full version number) do you use? Which error message do you get? Are you busy with a responsive or a non-responsive project? Apparently you are new to Captivate, it may be a very simple fix, and we are all ready to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was getting this too.  I changed the Publish and Cache folders to my C drive as they were on a network.  

Then I cleared the cache.  

After clearing the cache I was able to publish to video. 

Seems to be a combo of Captivate 2019 not being able to handle network drives plus some sort of corrupted file in my cache.  But I am certainly no expert...I just got lucky.

Best of luck to everyone else out there experiencing this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2023 Feb 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was getting this too.  I changed the Publish and Cache folders to my C drive as they were on a network.  

Then I cleared the cache.  After clearing the cache I was able to publish to video. Seems to be a combo of Captivate 2019 not being able to handle network drives plus some sort of corrupted file in my cache.  But I am certainly no expert...I just got lucky. Best of luck to everyone else out there experiencing this issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources