• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Attention: Adobe Captivate Customers who experienced problems on March 09,2021

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE (3/15/2021): We've made some changes in the backend. Should you see the erro rmessage, restart Captivate. Meanwhile we are working on this issue.

Many Captivate users reported issues in opening and saving files on March 9th and then reported the disappearance of the issue on March 10th. The issue appears to have been triggered by updates to the Microsoft Operating System.

If you are still experiencing issues, please ensure you have installed the following Microsoft Windows Updates on your computer:

We recognize that for many users this interruption may have created disruptions in your busy schedules. We hope that you will not hesitate to reach out regarding any technical challenges that this unfortunate situation created. For additional support, please contact us at Captivatehelp@adobe.com.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry...

But it must be something else...

MAJ_C_02.png

MAJ_C_01.png

And Captivate is still giving me problems since this morning... !!!...

😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bizarre... je n'ai plus de problèmes. Après l'installation du patch de mardi je n'avais qu'à redémarrer le système et tout est rentré en ordre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After I installed the updates my laptop was missing it still did not fix anything. Please find a solution ASAP. We have deadlines and we cannot even save our work!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reboot another time? That solved it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes kinda a lot of times 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked for a few minutes when I installed KB5000802.  I was able to save a couple times without issue, but now the error is there again.  I cannot save.  Running in admin mode and restarting computer are not helping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

It has come to our notice that some of the users are seeing the issue appearing again. The team is investigating this on top priority. Meanwhile, please try using Captivate in an offline mode.

Please watch this space for more updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone

Apologies for this inconvenience.We are working on this issue. We will update you the progress.

As a workaround – Please turn off the internet and use Captivate.

Thanks,

Saurav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just discovered that this issue also correlates to clearing cache in Preferences (Captivate 2019).  I reinstalled Captivate day before yesterday to regain access to my project files (worked).  This morning I just cleared my cache (cache is not the same folder as where I save project files) and not I have not access to any of my project files again.  Reinstalling Captivate involves me calling my help desk to reinstall since I don't have admin privileges.  This is a huge issue.

I'll review the KB also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Workaround for restoring access to project files

This process just worked for me to restore access to project files after clearing cache (Cache folder is and never was set to the same as the publish folder).

1.  Reinstall Captivate 2019 (Captivate_2019_x64_LS21.zip)

2.  Tested access to project files and got error

3.  Opened Preferences >> General Settings >> Default Locations: Set both Publish At: and Project Cache: to original locations prior to clearing cache

4.   Stay in Preferences >> Recording >> Video Demo >> Working Folder: Set to original location.

5.  Tested access to project files - can open them again.

This is ONLY a work around.  Still need Adobe to fix and solve permanently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of us cannot just apply the KB solutions since we're on corporate Enterprises.  All KB have to be vetted with enterprise support before applying.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, please follow this post for updates on file operation disruptions experienced on 12th March: https://elearning.adobe.com/2021/03/having-trouble-saving-adobe-captivate-files-on-microsoft-windows...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, I saw Adobe Captivate update 11.5.5 this morning. Attempting to download/update causes: update error 184.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You post link is not practical since I need to be online to monitor other jobs and activity with my office.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources