Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio delayed in published file

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2020 Dec 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

my current issue is that I have some audio that syncs well with my animation in my timeline preview, but when exporting and viewing the training in my browser, is out of sync.

My setup looks like this:

I am working on a slide that uses both a slide-audio, shows some graphics while its playing,

when this sound is completed it pauses the training and shows a continue button to resume,

after clicking that button it plays the sound attached to an object and continues the animation.

Generally, this works fine everything up to the pause is perfectly in sync, exactly as seen/heard when previewing in my timeline. Now when the new sound starts playing, the first couple of animations are still in sync, but then by the end of the 62 second audio clip it's completely out of synch.

Previewing my timeline the objects a faded in exactly where they should in relation to the sound. But in the exported file, my last animations are delayed by seconds.

I can now guess at which position the animations would have to be to match the sound on the export, but thats very tedious and obviously not as intended.

Maybe someone has a clue as to what might be causing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is causing this? The fact that contrary to SWF output, for HTML output (you don't export, you publish to a totally different folder than the cptx-folder) all audio clips to be played on one slide need to be loaded On Enter for that slide. 

Avoid having very long audio clips, why not distribute over multiple slides to decrease what needs to be loading. For slide audio, leave a small gap before and after the audio timeline. For object audio, and audio triggered with 'Play Audio', make sure there is some dirty noise before the real audio starts in the clip. 

Use audio at exactly the quality which is needed, not at a too high bitrate, nor stereo when mono is sufficient. 

In short: reduce the size of audio clips to be loaded by all means, and leave more time (gap, dirty noise).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Lilybiri, with exporting I was talking about publishing, sorry for the confusion.

My audio clips are not loaded on enter, but where I need them to be played and it's working great across the entire project, where I am using either a combination of slide audio and object audio  or 'play audio' buttons.

For the rest of your tips, that's exactly how things are set up. Especially as not having a gap between the start and end of slide audio gave me a huge headache on a previous project (where you helped me figure this out!)

Just that in this case splitting things into multiple slides wasn't very useful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you still publishing to SWF? That is the only format where Audio clips are NOT loading On enter for each slide.

The 'learner' doesn't have to "see" that something is distributed over multiple slides, don't understand why you say it is 'not useful'? 

Sorry if I have repeated something you already knew, cannot remember all the questions and users I have been answering. BTW I edited the title of this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No worries about repeating things, I'm very grateful for your help, that comment was in no way meant to be dismissive.

I am publishing to HTML5. If in that case, it loads the audio on enter even though I place them further down my timeline, then at least I don't notice this as it plays in the correct spot.

The reason why keeping things on one slide is much more practical in this case is because there are a bunch of objects not just fading in and out but also moving. For the sake of making adjustments, it's a lot easier to just adjust those objects once, rather than twice on two slides.

Thanks for fixing the title, except its the animation that is delayed / the sound finishing earlier than in my preview not vice versa.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Audio later on the timeline will not suffer from delay as much, since it is already loaded.

I just replaced export by publish in the title.

Animations are delayed compared with sound? That is weird. Are you talking about Effects applied in Captivate or about real animations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources