• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio doesn't play on iOS

New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our recent eLearning courses are having issues with audio not playing on iOS devices. We export to HTML (no scorm wrapping) and ever since we started using captive 2019 we've been unable to hear the audio on iOS devices. We tested on an newer iPad and an iPhone 5. Do you know if this is an Apple issue or an Adobe issue? 

TOPICS
Advanced , Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could be running up against the iOS/Safari restrictions on playing audio. It is not just Safari, Chrome and Firefox also do the same thing.

https://developers.google.com/web/updates/2017/09/autoplay-policy-changes

Do you not get the white screen with the play button on it at the beginning of the lesson? That is Captivate's way of working around a lot of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First, you've got to love these drive-by posters that never follow up on threads. 

I know now this is old, but I am having issues with audio not playing on an older iPad (iOS 9.3.5) since upgrading to Captivate 2019. Posting here in case future ppl stumble on this thread like me via google. 

Not by my system to get the CP version, but I just upgraded to CP2019 on Friday, so it would be the latest. If I publish with CP2017, the audio plays. It's not an auto play issue. I get the play button to interact with the content. 

This is frustrationg because I need to support these older iPad systems, and I don't want to go back to CP2017. 

Ive tested on a 2019 iPad and audio plays. 

Anyone have any insight?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources