Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio glitch

Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In spite of republishing the MP4 several times, as well as closing and reopening Captivate, the NeoSpeech voice is cut off at the transition between slides one and two. Any thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My practice with the Neospeech agents and the text you enter for each line of text is to add a pause of about 500 milliseconds. Here is an example of how I begin and end my text to speech narration.

2019-01-17_10-42-10.png

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using the audio track in the timeline and adding a half second by hand and that didn't solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the audio is generated from TTS then it will have absolutely no sound before or after the actual clip.  Unfortunately Captivate has always had the habit of truncating clips to remove any silence before or at the end of audio files.  When I say 'silence' here I mean the complete absence of audio data.

With recorded voiceover there is always at least a small amount of audio data being picked up by the microphone even when the voiceover artist isn't speaking.  I usually refer to this as 'dirty silence' because it's not complete silence.  Captivate leaves this in even when it has been reduced down in volume to almost nil.

So if you really want your TTS clips to be protected at the beginning and end, just edit them to copy in a very short section of very low audio.  You can use your computer microphone to record this audio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

On occasion I have had the video duration shortened in the slide inadvertently by myself or by a bug in the app. (Can't say for sure which). This created the TTS cut off at the end of the slide as you described.

I stumbled on the fix for this by looking at the Edit Video Timing window and increasing the zoom to 1000 which allowed me to see a lightened area at the end of the timeline. I was then able to drag the end marker a few milliseconds to the end of the timeline in the Edit Video Timing window and resolve the narration cut off problem.

This happened to me when  using a single slide with event video inserted. (Not video across multiple slides)

Hope this helps.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources