Exit

Audio issue with CP 2019

Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extra points for whoever has any ideas on this weird issue

List format may be best for this.

What I know for sure

1. WAV or mp3 audio has distortion when previewing or publishing on my older mac pro

2. I used Lili's WAV format 44.1 khz, 16 bit mono - makes no difference, crackling is still there.

3. The forementioned mac pro does not have any audio issues outside of Cp

4. Audio plays fine, (no distortion) on my macbook pro & Ipad Pro

5. my mac pro speakers play audio fine outside of Cp

I would say it's  an issue with the mac pro tower except it handles tons of video editing without any audio issues at all.

Any thoughts? Much appreciated

Kurt

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It usually turns out to be related to a driver issue.  The fact that everything works fine with other apps doesn't count (unfortunately).  There's nothing within the settings of Captivate that you can usually change to fix this in my experience.

If you can update to newer / better drivers, go for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 28, 2019 Jun 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ward,

That was a great idea but I seem to be up to date on drivers.

Just want to let you know that your expertise on these boards is very much appreciated.

Kurt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try more settings for MP3?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did, I converted to 44.1 , 16bit mono as you suggested and still the same distortion. Ward suggested audio drivers but I am up to date. So no answer at this point.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted to WAV

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always better to start from uncompressed WAV. But in this case it really seems to be linked to that specific system. I never had Apple devices except iPads.

Do you have the same problem after publishing and  using that system to watch the course? I thought you were tlaking about editing environment, but I may be wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still hear distortion after publish on my Mac tower. Any other computer or device it is fine. Crazy thing. I may reinstall the operating system over weekend and see if that resets anything.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using SoundFlower audio drivers?  If not, can you try them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 29, 2019 Jun 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did try them but could not get the sound to route thru them. Others online had the same issue.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources