Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio Issues with Adobe Captivate 2017

New Here ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am pretty new to using Captivate 2017. I am in the process of creating a learning module but I am having trouble with additional slide audio. I understand that I can only have 1 primary audio on a slide, however I am trying to get my additional audio to work in the preview view.

I have it set so my primary audio plays on the slide then I have my button appear on the slide with audio connected to the button that is to say "Click Here". When I test is using the standard play button on the bottom of the page, the audio works fine. When I test it in the preview mode, the audio's button does not work.

I am wondering if there is a way to ensure that the audio works in the final published mode?

TOPICS
Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you preview html5 in the browser it's a pretty good indicator of whether it's going to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Some deetails are lacking. The Play Slide is NOT at all a preview method, it is only meant to be used for synchronizing during edit, it doesn't create a tempoary output.

If you are busy with a non-responsive project, and aim at HTML5 output, the only Preview method which will use a temporary HTML  output is F11, Preview HTML in output. All other preview methods do use a temporary SWF output, not representative for HTML result.

The sentence about the 'button' is confusing. Did you connect the audio as Object audio to the button? In that case that audio will start playing when the button appears. If you used the Success event of that button to trigger the command 'Play Audio', the audio will only start playing when the button is clicked. In both situations if slide audio is not finished, you'll hear both audio clips at the same time.

Have a look at this article:

https://elearning.adobe.com/2018/06/pausing-timeline-audio-clips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources