• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio on layers not working right on Android / iOS

Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked on a project which has audio attached to some layers, so when the slide plays, it stops when it reaches a button, the audio starts, when the button is clicked, the audio stops and the slide continues. It works on desktop, but when tested on Android, the audio attached to those layers won't work as expected, sometimes it won't let me click the button until the audio finishes, and sometimes the audio won't start until I click the button, or it won't stop and keep on playing when the next audio starts, very strange and random behaviour. I've tested with advanced actions, and got the same result.

I found out it will only work right if I place an animation effect on the layer which has the audio attached. This has been my only workaround and it works when tested on Andorid / iOS
Am I doing anything wrong or is this another bug for version 2019 (11.5.1.499)? Should I stick to this workaround?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 29, 2020 Aug 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried triggering the additional audio from the actions (or advanced action is more than one action required) and continuing to play the project to release the play head? I'm just guessing but it might work.

Paul Wilson, CTDP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I suspect by 'layers' you are pointing to object audio? That is audio attached to objects, which will play when the object appears? Audio clips starting with 'Play Audio' are not linked to any object timeline, are not even visible in the Timeline panel which doubles as Layers panel.

How long are those slides? Primary recommendation would be to keep slides as short as possible. In most cases it is perfectly possible to distribute over multiple slides. I recommend this due to the fact that all audio clips need to be loaded On Enter for a slide. Audio files tend to be large, if you have many clips that will take time and could lead to loss of synchronisation. Certainly when used on mobile devices where hardware, power and bandwidth are more limited than on desktop/laptop systems.

Have no idea why adding an effect to the object itself (is that the correct interpretation?) should solve it...

Maybe insert some screenshots to see if my 'guesses' are correct? Terminology can be very confusing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources