Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio plays in html only if paused, then played

Participant ,
Aug 14, 2018 Aug 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Captivate 9.

Working on a course project. There is an audio file (mp3) that is causing a problem. I've recorded and published the audio from audacity. All other audios in this project were produced the same way.

In summary, the audio is heard only in html if the slide is paused, then played again. The slide is in motion on entering this slide in the course.

Here are some of my results:

1. F10 SWF preview = works as expected (audio auto=plays)

2. F11 html preview = only works when paused, then played again.

3. F12 preview = only works when paused, then played again.

4. Published html5, no scorm = only works when paused, then played again.

5. Reproduced the the audio again (mp3), put on a new blank slide = only works when paused, then played again.

Anyone ever experience this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser did you use for testing? How big is that audio clip? Did you leave a small gap before and after the clip on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome, 1.4 mb, 59 seconds, yes gaps are present.

However, I found the issue. This is a new project, and auto play was on. I turned it off. Now it works as I need it - user is required to click something for the slide to play and the audio plays with it.

So many ways to test, but everytime I tested it I was publishing with the slides before this slise were hidden, so it is the first one. I think I have it now. If any more problems come up, I will post them or research them.

Your question regarding the browser helped me to locate this issue, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome turned off autoplay, that is why I asked about the browser. It is a good practice to turn off autoplay and eventually insert a custom play icon and a poster image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know, started using this method recently and assumed this was baked into the theme I was using. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources