Highlighted

Audio quality degrading in Captivate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have recorded audio for my e-learning course in Adobe audition. It sounds good in Audition and when played independently, but when I import it into Captivate it is sounding scratchy (best term I can describe). Any idea of how to fix this? This isn't my first time importing a .wav file from audition to Captivate, just the first time I've noticed a degredation in quality. Thoughts?

Topics

Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Audio quality degrading in Captivate

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I have recorded audio for my e-learning course in Adobe audition. It sounds good in Audition and when played independently, but when I import it into Captivate it is sounding scratchy (best term I can describe). Any idea of how to fix this? This isn't my first time importing a .wav file from audition to Captivate, just the first time I've noticed a degredation in quality. Thoughts?

Topics

Audio and video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 07, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the audio 16bit PCM?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 07, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's currently 32 bit

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
RodWard LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then try my suggestion and use 16bit PCM WAV.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a WAV file, correct? What are the settings? How did you test in Captivate (Preview or after publishing)? I mostly use your workflow, creating the audio clips in Audition and then import them to the Captivate library from which I drag them on the appropriate slides. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is a WAV file. So it's currently 48000 Hz and 32 bit (float). I'm listening to it in the production side and previewing it in HTML5. I'm hearing it in both. I honestly haven't tried putting it into my LMS yet to see if it is there. I've never had this issue before and I didn't change my overall process at all.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 08, 2020 0