• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio stop randomly, when conten play cp 9

Explorer ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have HTML5 output from Captivate 9.0.1. Some smart shapes are used as buttons and they plays audio via advanced actions. The problem is, when I preview the exported HTML5 content (not responsive project) in actual version of Chrome and click to each button, audio randomly stop, every time at another place of audio. Some times it works normally. What you think about it?

Thanks for any response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 17, 2016 May 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are on 9.0.1.320, right?

There are still issues with HTML output, however did you try to publish, upload to a webserver to check if it still happens?

I suspect you are using the 'Play Audio' command in the actions? An alternative can be to show a object which has audio attached to it. The object can be made 'invisible' to the user (alpha = 0% and stroke width = 0) even when you show it. The object audio will start playing when the object appears, which can be done with an advanced action.

Audio Objects: Control them! - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2016 Oct 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yarik,

I am having the same issues with my projects. Did you find a solution that works? 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update your Captivate to 9.0.2.421. We don't seem to be getting this issue anymore after updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2019 Feb 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 9.0.2.437, This issue is appearing in all the audios played through advanced actions.

Please confirm if this can be fixed..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you trigger the audio clips in the advanced actions? Using Play Audio?Which event is used for those actions? Did you try to use a shared action instead of an advanced action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue could be connected with buffering of the audio as it is downloading.  How big are these audio clips?  Are they just a few seconds or do they go for quite a while and end up being a megabyte or three?

If the size of the audio clips is the problem, one thing you might be able to try is to add objects to earlier slides in the slide order and attach the audio clips to these objects as Object Audio but set the objects to be Invisible in Output so that they are not seen at runtime and their attached audio is not heard at that point.  Hopefully this would mean that the audio you need to use on the later slide in an Advanced Action gets downloaded BEFORE the slide where it is required and would not therefore buffer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The audios are just 20 to 40 secs long.

I have attached the audio to the object to overcome this issue and yes it worked. Its good that we have a work around to this issue, and of-course this is not an ideal way to attach audio to an object.

This is a major issue to the simplest functionality In a Learning tool.

Thanks everyone for your help! I appreciate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen this issue in current versions of Captivate where it was unrelated to bandwidth and buffering.

However, we often have users complaining about playback suddenly stopping at runtime where the issue turns out to be an interactive object pausing the timeline.  Is that NOT possibly true in your case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why not use 'Play Audio'? Just wondering....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources