• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audio won't save on laptop

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the last couple of weeks, I've been recording audio using a USB mic + Captivate 2017 on my laptop. It's worked great until the end of last week, when the "Save" button disappeared from the record screen. I've restarted my computer, gotten updates, and waited, and it still hasn't come back. When I use my desktop computer + monitor, it works just fine. Now I can't record because there's no way to save. I just have to close out Captivate using the Windows Task Manager. Any ideas/suggestions? I really need to use the laptop because of my office situation. (screen shot of the situation is below) Thank you!no save.PNG

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Did you try to clean the Preferences? You need to have Administrator rights. Close Captivate. Look for the subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS. You may also think about clearing the cache, which can be done with a button in the Preferences, General Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to clean the Preferences? You need to have Administrator rights. Close Captivate. Look for the subfolder 'utils' in the installation folder and run the CleanPreferences... file appropriate for your OS. You may also think about clearing the cache, which can be done with a button in the Preferences, General Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked, thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources