Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto play off cp2019

Explorer ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Why we cant turn on/off autplay free, as a personal choice? Or my question - when I MUST accept this stupid idea, how can I remove / modify this terrible white box after project loaded and stops? Because I have black background of HTML project, black colored playbar and this extereme white box make me nearly blind. Poor my clients...

Question 2: Project, exported from cp2019 has over 50% more MB, than the same project exported from v2017. 

Btw, interactive video as new function - good idea. I will discover it.

Y.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Decision for Autoplay off, is because Chrome decided to turn off AutoPlay (will be definite from October) and probably this will be the same for browsers in the future. As for getting rid of that ugly start screen:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Decision for Autoplay off, is because Chrome decided to turn off AutoPlay (will be definite from October) and probably this will be the same for browsers in the future. As for getting rid of that ugly start screen:

Poster Image - AutoPlay - Captivate blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx, very much, your blog post should be solution to change this big white box of AutoPlay.

Y.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 16, 2018 Sep 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Yarik,

Please let us know, what is the magnitude of the the size increase ?

Also, is the size increase constant across all upgraded projects ? or it grows proportionally w.r.t to initial cptx size.

You can share your project as well to my email address:

shrgupta@adobe.com

Regards

Shreya

Captivate Engineering Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read everywhere, that auto-play ist not possible with HTM but from one of my clients I got an older Captivate file and the generated HTML5-SCORM data package. This was an older project my client realized with an agency, that doesn´t exist any more. When I start the generated data package in an LMS, the e-learning module starts immediately, automatically in auto-start mode. I do not have to confirm the start with the "Start" arrow.

If I generate an HTML5-SCORM package with the current Captivate version or with the version 11.0.1.266 from the same Captivate file with the same settings, the generated e-learning module will not start automatically but the "Start" arrow will have to be pressed.

The data I got from my client was probably created mid to late 2018, unfortunately I cannot figure out with which Captivate version. In the past, has there been a Captivate version that has been able to generate HTML5 SCORM packages with an auto-play feature? Otherwise, it's a mystery to me how the creators of the module could realize the auto-start functionality.

Or: Is there any way to implement the auto-play feature for HTML5 projects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Older versions before second version of CP2017 had Autoplay, but that would never work on mobile devices. Since browsers decided to disable AutoPlay automatically also on desktop/laptop browsers, it is now always turned off. Did you test the older projects on mobile devices and on all desktop browsers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the solution of the riddle. I just tested the older project on my iPad and there is no AutoPlay. Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To make the experience more pleasant for the learner, have a look at my suggestions in this blog:

http://blog.lilybiri.com/poster-image-autoplay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources