Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Auto-Submit Drag and Drop Reset Button Issues

Sep 18, 2019 Sep 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project that has several similar drag and drop interactions. The interactions are fairly simple, one to one source to target. I have the drag and drops set up so that once all of the answers are correct, the answers auto-submit. Attached to the auto-submit is an advanced action which shows one prompt and a button to advance to the next slide. Once the answer auto-submits, the reset button dissapears, which is weird but fine for this project. The issue is that the reset button dissapearing is not consistent. I have set up each of the drag and drops in the same way with the same settings for each. But when I go to preview and when I go to publish, each time a different drag and drop will not have the reset butotn dissapear. I can tell that the slide is going to keep the reset button because on arrival to page without interacting at all, the button will appear in it's rollover state. If I leave that slide and return to it, it dissapears which is fine, but how do I make sure that my project is consistent in these actions? 

TOPICS
Advanced , Advanced actions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell the exact version number you are using? You can find it under Help, About Captivate.

Is it a responsive or a non-responsive project? Can you post a screenshot of the Advanced Action (Preview screen) and of the setup of the D&D: infinite attempts or not? 

If it is a non-responsive project, which Preview method did you use? Are you publishing to HTML5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently running the 11.0.0.243 Version of the 2019 release.

The project is non-responsive and I am publishing to a windows executable.

I have been previewing within captivate by viewing the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the very first release, which got a bug patch to 11.0.1.266.

There are two more updates, most recent release is 11.5.1.499.

Can you also answer my other questions, but please update at least to 11.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The project is non-responsive and I am publishing to a windows executable. I have been previewing within captivate by viewing the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will nor reply in a threaded sequence, because the one-line comment editor is too limited.

Hope you are aware of the fact that Flash Player will disappear from all desktop/laptop browsers very soon? That is the reason that the developing team doesn't focus on SWF output anymore. The exe-output is Flash based, please avoid it. I am not astonished that it is now showing more problems due to what I just told. I have not published to SWF anymore since the death of the Flash player was announced couple of years ago.

When previewing a non-responsive project, all Preview methods use a temporary SWF file. The only Preview which will show approximately the HTML5 output is F11, Preview HTML in Browser.

Anyway ytou need to update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have updated my Captivate so that I am currently running the newest version of the software. 

The issue is still occuring. It is not consistent. With each publish, it is a different Drag and Drop that does not remove the reset button. 

I am aware that flash is being depeleted. I am working on converting my current projects to HTML5. This project is not ready for HTML5 publishing. If there is no solution, I will need to convey this to my client. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One question I wanted to ask. Is it possible you may have created each of these Drag and Drop slides by copying or duplicating one of the others?  I am asking because I have noticed some strange behaviours at times in Captivate that I was able to eventually attribute to copy / paste or duplication.  Sometimes buttons on duplicated slides would remain linked to their original parent and changes to one button would then propagate to the other button on a different slide.  The only way to fix the issue was to delete the affected buttons and create them using the menu items instead.  Not sure if this will be of any help to you with this particular issue, but you may be able to test my theory by creating a new drag and drop interaction from scratch to see if it displays the problem behaviour like the others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 26, 2019 Sep 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to solve this issue by replacing the reset button with a submit button. I turned off the auto-submit of the drag and drop and the submit button at least offeres a consistent action throughout the project. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources