Highlighted

Auto triggering object animations on slide change

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning:

I am new to Captivate and am creating a course and want to have some object animations start as soon as the new slide is open.without having the playback control visible.  there are a series of pictures and text that move. I have set up the timings and everything works.  But when I preview the slide the animations stop or never start.   I just want the learner to click next, have the slides advance to the next one, and all the animations just play till the end.

Help??

Art

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Auto triggering object animations on slide change

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good morning:

I am new to Captivate and am creating a course and want to have some object animations start as soon as the new slide is open.without having the playback control visible.  there are a series of pictures and text that move. I have set up the timings and everything works.  But when I preview the slide the animations stop or never start.   I just want the learner to click next, have the slides advance to the next one, and all the animations just play till the end.

Help??

Art

Topics

Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 30, 2018 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please post a screenshot of the TImeline? You have to know that 'Play Slide' is NOT a preview method which means it will never show how it will look when published. To see a real preview use one of the Preview methods, best are those in Browser (if you are in a non-responsive project). Play Slide should only be used for timing, synchronizing...

You could read some of my blog posts about the TImekine, which is the most mportant panel. You have to understand how the playhead can be paused. Here is onel link:

Pausing Captivate's Timeline - Captivate blog

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep I know that play is not the same a one of the preview selections. It all works when I hit play in the bottom left. But when I preview it stops as the first text animation happens .

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2018 0
Lilybiri LATEST
Most Valuable Participant ,
Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the reason I asked for a screenshot of the timeline!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 30, 2018 0